Accounts Payable Manager
45 Gordon Mackay Road, Toronto, ON, Canada, M9N 3X3
LEON’S IS CURRENTLY HIRING AN ACCOUNTS PAYABLE MANAGER
Leon’s is a family-built, publicly owned company that has been a part of Canadian homes, and families for over a century, and we are growing. We are currently looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to join our Finance team, who will report in the Financial Controller. This position is based out of our corporate Home Office in Toronto, Ontario.
The Accounts Payable Manager should have solid communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Candidates must have at least five years of experience and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Oracle financial statements knowledge is preferred; however, other ERP systems knowledge is valuable.
- Managing the Accounts Payable process, including managing vendor relations, processing of invoices, remittances, reconciliation and accruals
- Respond to and resolves inquiries and issues related to Accounts Payable including vendor disputes related to their accounts, in addition to follow-ups from internal stakeholders
- Overseeing all requests for payment information and ensures that proper payment procedures are followed
- Recommending process improvements in order to gain efficiencies, reduce errors and ensure records are complete and recorded in the correct period
- Manage Accounts Payable database, ensure proper maintenance of all accounting documents, verification of vendor statements, and generate accounts payable reports as required for the month-end close
- Assist with all external and internal audit requirements
- Participate in a wide variety of ad-hoc reporting, special projects and analysis, as necessary
- Developing, implementing and maintaining systems, procedures and policies to ensure adherence to company guidelines
- Direct management over a team of 6-10 accounts payable professionals
- Provide leadership and guidance to AP team
- Build and maintain strong relationships with other internal departments
- Other duties as assigned
- On-going training and development to ensure your success
- A fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment with a great team
- A generous employee discount program
- Bonus and Profit sharing
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health and dental coverage
The ideal candidate for this position shares our core values, which are deeply embedded in our culture and reflected in our actions: Honesty. Integrity. Hard work. Family.
We are committed to providing our dedicated associates with secure jobs, and a safe and satisfying work environment, and will strive to support their ongoing pursuit of personal development and career advancement. At Leon’s, you aren’t just an employee; you’re Part of the Family.