ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
45 Gordon Mackay Road, Toronto, ON, Canada, M9N 3X3
Leon’s is a family-built, publicly owned company that has been a part of Canadian homes, and families for over a century, and we are growing. An opportunity is available to join the team in the Accounts Payable department, located at Leon's Home Office.
This is a 6-Month contract opportunity.
- Distributing, verifying, processing and reconciling vendor invoices
- Liaise with Leon’s store managers
- Resolving issues with invoices such as purchase order discrepancies, incorrect tax calculation, incorrect invoice totals
- Completing payment cycles with supporting documents
- Assisting in vendor account inquires and resolving payment discrepancies
- Verifying vendor balances by reconciling monthly vendor statements as needed.
- Maintaining accurate filing of all vendor invoices
- Verify and posts accounts payable transactions to journals, ledgers, and other month end reporting
- Assisting with other ad-hoc duties as needed
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized and efficient
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable working with numbers
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Post secondary education in finance or accounting an asset
- Experience with Oracle or other ERP software an asset
The ideal candidate for this position shares our core values, which are deeply embedded in our culture and reflected in our actions: Honesty. Integrity. Hard work. Family.
We are committed to providing our dedicated associates with secure jobs, and a safe and satisfying work environment, and will strive to support their ongoing pursuit of personal development and career advancement. At Leon’s, you aren’t just an employee; you’re Part of the Family.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract