45 Gordon Mackay Road, Toronto, ON, Canada, M9N 3X3
Leon’s is a family-built, publicly owned company that has been a part of Canadian homes, and families for over a century, and we are growing. An opportunity is available to join the team in the Finance department, located at Leon's Home Office.
Our team is currently seeking a Financial Analyst. The candidate would be part of the Finance Department that is responsible for performing a variety of general accounting, account reconciliation & analysis, data modeling, budgeting, and performance reporting tasks. The candidate will work on an individual and team basis within the Finance department.
- Research and analyze current and past financial data across various systems to identify trends.
- Prepare reports on the above information as need and communicate the insights of these reports.
- Act as a contact between IT and the finance department to implement process improvements.
- Create ad-hoc reporting to support various business units as required by senior Management.
- Setup and generate monthly journal entries as needed to facility the period close including updating manual processes.
- Develop and maintain excel models as needed
- Participate in system enhancement and testing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic with a positive can-do attitude
- Advanced Excel skills including VBA and Macros
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with and ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolver complex problems
Nice to have
- Experience with Oracle Fusion in the Cloud
- Experience using Galvanize formerly ACL
The ideal candidate for this position shares our core values, which are deeply embedded in our culture and reflected in our actions: Honesty. Integrity. Hard work. Family.
We are committed to providing our dedicated associates with secure jobs, and a safe and satisfying work environment, and will strive to support their ongoing pursuit of personal development and career advancement. At Leon’s, you aren’t just an employee; you’re Part of the Family.