Accounts Payable Trade Administrator
45 Gordon Mackay Road, Toronto, ON, Canada, M9N 3X3
Leon’s is a family-built, publicly owned company that has been a part of Canadian homes, and families for over a century, and we are growing. An opportunity is available to join the team in the Accounts Payable department, located at Leon's Home Office.
Working as part of the AP Trade Team, we are seeking a knowledgeable, professional Accounts Payable Trade Administrator to be responsible for the full cycle AP:
- Process electronic and manual invoices via a 3-way match
- Preparing monthly payments by reconciling vendor statement against company books
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving short shipment and pricing issues; payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding invoices; requesting stop-payments or purchase order amendments
- Maintain vendor relationships
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Maintains historical records by filing documents
- Analysis of AP aging
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum Education: Associates Degree (in Accounting, Finance or Business) or equivalent AP experience
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, with excellent planning, organizing and time-management abilities
- Good problem-solving skills
- Collaborative approach to working, able to work alone or with a team
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and other accounting tools
- Oracle cloud experience (preferred)
The ideal candidate for this position shares our core values, which are deeply embedded in our culture and reflected in our actions: Honesty. Integrity. Hard work. Family.
We are committed to providing our dedicated associates with secure jobs, and a safe and satisfying work environment, and will strive to support their ongoing pursuit of personal development and career advancement. At Leon’s, you aren’t just an employee; you’re Part of the Family.