Construction and Facilities Supervisor
45 Gordon Mackay Road, Toronto, ON, Canada, M9N 3X3
LEON'S FURNITURE IS NOW HIRING A CONSTRUCTION AND FACILITIES SUPERVISOR
Canada’s most successful home furnishings retailer is now hiring a Construction and Facilities Supervisor to oversee the maintenance of multiple properties and commercial locations across the country. This position is based out of our Home Office (401 and Weston Rd, Toronto) with extensive travel required. The successful candidate possesses unquestionable integrity and an impeccable work ethic, with 10+ years experience in commercial construction and facilities management.
- Preparing and submitting construction project budget estimates
- Planning and preparing construction schedules, identifying project milestones and monitoring progress
- Preparing contracts and negotiating revisions
- Directing the purchase of building materials and supplies; working closely with multiple construction teams to ensure expectations for quality, budget and timelines are met
- Preparing and analyzing reports
- Planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating daily operations
- Quality control assurance
- Serving as company representative at construction meetings
- Facility Management at the Corporate Office
- Establishing capital expenditure and maintenance budgets for multiple real estate holdings; i.e. roofs and parking lots, etc.
- Completing small interior renovations
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to travel across Canada for extended periods of time, as the needs of the business dictate
- Extensive project management experience
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Ability to read blueprints and technical drawings with strong attention to detail
- Keen knowledge of construction and provincial building codes, permits and requirements
- Asset management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively
- Canadian experience preferred
Leon’s is a family-built, publicly owned company that has been a part of Canadian homes, and families for over a century. The ideal candidate for this position shares our core values, which are deeply embedded in our culture and reflected in our actions: Honesty. Integrity. Hard work. Family.
We are committed to providing our dedicated associates with secure jobs, and a safe and satisfying work environment, and will strive to support their ongoing pursuit of personal development and career advancement.
At Leon’s, you aren’t just an employee; you’re Part of the Family.