Director, Web and E-Commerce
45 Gordon Mackay Road, Toronto, ON, Canada, M9N 3X3
Director, Web and E-Commerce
Leon’s Furniture Ltd. is a family-owned, publicly traded company that has been a part of Canadian homes, and families for more than a century. The ideal candidate for this critical position shares our core values, which are deeply embedded in our culture and reflected in our actions: Honesty. Integrity. Hard work. Family.
We are committed to providing our dedicated associates with secure jobs, and a safe and satisfying work environment, and will strive to support their ongoing pursuit of personal development and career advancement. At Leon’s, you aren’t just an employee; you’re Part of the Family.
Location: 45 Gordon MacKay Rd, North York, ON M9N 3X3
Employment Terms: Full Time, Permanent
Working as our Web and E-Commerce Director you will direct and provide leadership for the overall development and support of corporate information systems. Taking responsibility for establishing and implementing policies and procedures for information systems. Plan and control budget and expenditures and most importantly, lead the team that is responsible for designing, building, implementing and continuous development of LFL’s new E-commerce platform. You will;
- Partner with Marketing, Technology, and business unit Leaders to further develop the company’s eCommerce strategy and deliver on it.
- Keep up to date with evolving online media and technology trends and explore new and effective products or enhancements that will improve site experience and generate revenue and profits.
- Lead in the development of software requirement specifications, system architecture design, and functional design specifications.
- Partner with Marketing and Content teams to develop, implement, and/or optimize effective online campaigns, digital marketing, and social media strategies that drive traffic, increase conversion, and expand sales both online and in-store.
- Execute the company’s CRM strategy on digital platforms, leveraging data to drive sales and improve the online customer experience.
- Drive the site personalization and segmentation strategy to create a relevant, value-added, personal and engaging customer experience.
- Collaborate with Merchandising and Planning to execute all online merchandising strategies. Ensure online merchandising is supported by best in class features in the areas of navigation, search, SEO, product and catalogue management.
- Actively manage vendor relationships – sourcing new technology partners, negotiating pricing, setting strategy for vendors, and regularly monitoring performance.
- Interface with the IT department and external product developers on all system-related projects.
- Develop long-term and short-term development roadmaps for ecommerce.
- Oversee day-to-day management of the website, including trouble shooting any errors and implementing enhancements.
- Execute the replacement and replatforming of the Company’s existing ecommerce websites using agile development principles, then continue to take it to the next level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
- Strong background in ecommerce and with implementing high traffic B2C platforms.
- 8-10+ years of strategic, e-commerce management experience required.
- Proven leadership of a larger team with project management responsibilities
- Working knowledge of ecommerce platforms such as Shopify, Magento, hybris and/or WebSphere Enterprise.
- Oracle certification would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of JAVA, Git or PHP or similar programming languages.
- Data-driven, clear understanding of retail and marketing metrics, commitment to increasing profit and ROI.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willing to travel.
Salary/Wage and Benefits Information:
- The salary range for this position is $150,000.00 to $190,000.00/ year (To be negotiated)
- Benefits: This is a bonus eligible position, and includes Disability benefits, Medical benefits, Mileage paid, Dental benefits, Group insurance benefits, Life insurance benefits
Contact Information: Apply online on www.leons.ca or by email by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Leon’s values a diverse workforce and appreciates all applications. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that part of our recruitment and selection process includes references and
Leon’s is committed to providing our dedicated associates with secure jobs, and a safe and satisfying work environment. We will work hard to ensure that their contributions are valued and appreciated, and we will support their ongoing pursuit of personal development and career advancement.
Join us today!